Tuesday, December 15, 2009

the snot n' coach.

it's 4:30 am, our client is visiting, and my head is a giant pile of mucus.

i've realized, more than ever in the last few weeks, how good at my job i am and how much i truly enjoy it. there's something safe about "growing up" with a company. it forces perspective. it allows one to look at the changes as i imagine (i'm stretching here) a parent looks at a child when they've tried something and failed at it. "look at this being i love. how brave of him to try so hard. next time, he'll get it right...or at least he'll get a little closer". with all the insidetrack grumblings recently, i've felt slightly defensive. i've seen the soft underbelly of this organization, its growth from about 70 people to 300. all the changes in between. we try so hard to do it right.

at 4:30 am, i'm thinking about my skill set and what i want to do with my life. it's what got me out of bed, detached my arms from a warm and sleeping mexican. i want to coach - to be of service and facilitate growth in people. i'd be open to working with executives, but i think my passion lies in education. if m. and i were both working with a school district, we'd both have summers off with kiddos. imagine the vacation possibilities! perhaps a nice quaker high school will take me in, create a position for me coaching their seniors on the transition to college. i'd like to start my own business, but oh the risk.

to have fallen into my passion so early in life is something rare i think.

i'm a lucky mother fucker.


No comments:

Post a Comment