Tuesday, November 3, 2009

i'm angry.

i'm angry.

i'm angry that if i wanted to start my own coaching business i would have to choose between doing so with no health insurance or working a side job for health care. i would not be able to get onto meghan's plan because we both have vaginas.

i'm angry that our love isn't seen as valid enough to warrant legal protection.

i'm angry that people who don't know my family can decide the future of it, legally.

i'm angry that i feel relatively powerless to do anything about it.

i'm angry that my rights are being put to a mother fucking vote.

i'm angry that my wonderful straight friends who want to get married feel guilty for doing so when i cannot.

i'm angry that one of us may never have legal ties to our future child who we plan and raise together.

i'm angry that this is a religious thing instead of a legal thing.

i'm angry that this is keeping me up when i have an incredibly busy day tomorrow.

i'm angry that i give so much of myself to making people better people, but am told "thanks for all you do, but you don't deserve the same rights we have".

the fight is far from over.
i'm pissed.

No comments:

Post a Comment